You can now make a significant gift to Annual Giving for your major reunion, while providing yourself and/or your beneficiaries an income stream.
Princeton University’s new Annual Giving Legacy Program enables alumni to obtain Annual Giving major reunion class credit for life income gifts at the requisite level, starting with the 50th reunion.
Heading for your 50th Reunion or beyond? Learn how you can make a significant gift for your major reunion, while providing for yourself and/or your beneficiaries through the Annual Giving Legacy Program.
- Life income gifts allocated to major reunions beginning with the 50th are eligible for Annual Giving class reunion credit.
- Annual Giving Legacy gifts count for participation and gift credit only in the specified major reunion year. Donors are encouraged to continue their participation in Annual Giving in other years.
- To be eligible, the gift credit must be $100,000 or higher. Per the University’s gift crediting guidelines, the gift credit is derived by doubling the charitable value of the gift (charitable deduction amount) up to the face value of the gift. Adding multiple payment beneficiaries or younger beneficiaries will require a larger up-front contribution (face value) or require deferring the start of income payments in order to meet the gift credit minimum.
- Annual Giving Legacy gifts ultimately go to permanent endowment upon the death of the last beneficiary. Donors have the option of creating a named fund in recognition of their gift.
- Gifts may be made in advance of the reunion year and must be paid in full (gift credit minimum met) by June 30 of the reunion year in order to receive credit to the class’s reunion.
- Outside trusts may be eligible for credit. Donors should contact the Gift Planning team if they have already named, or are interested in naming, Princeton as an irrevocable beneficiary of an outside trust.
- Please contact the Gift Planning team for a custom proposal to see the many options available.
I want to make a tangible statement of what Princeton has meant to me.
Charitable Remainder Unitrust Rate
The current standard payout rate for Charitable Remainder Unitrusts (CRUT) is 5%.
Gift Annuity Rates
Information provided for illustration purposes only. Donors must consult their financial advisor to understand the benefits of a life income gift in their situation.
Could an Annual Giving Legacy gift work for you?
Please contact us.