Flavors of Provence River Cruise
About the Journey:
Awaken your senses as you explore the French countryside, sailing the picturesque Rhône and Saône Rivers. From the comfort of the 62-cabin Amadeus Provence, discover a bounty of flavors, stand in awe before towering castles, feel the texture of vines that produce the wines of Burgundy and Provence, and taste your way through France’s gastronomic capital, Lyon. History, art, architecture, and natural beauty stimulate the mind and satisfy the soul on this journey.
- Explore the village of Fleurie with an exclusive wine experience at family-owned Château de Chasselas on 12 hectares of vines located in the Burgundy and Beaujolais wine regions.
- Visit a goat farm in the Mâconnais countryside to learn about cheese production and sustainability.
- Discover why Lyon is said to be the "world's gastronomic capital” at Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse indoor market.
- Join an intimate, hands-on cooking class with a professional French baker to produce traditional baguettes in a boulangerie.
- See the passion, technique, and respect for olive oil production at an olive oil mill in Les Baux, sampling products from this effort.
- Visit Tricastin, France's leading truffle-growing region, and participate in a search for these treasured fungi affectionately referred to as black diamonds in the culinary world.
Please note: Princeton Journeys travelers will be joined by likeminded participants from Washington and Lee University, Tufts University, Tulane University, and The University of California Berkeley.
To register, please visit our operator’s reservation portal.