Your regional association may request a University speaker for your regional association event. Faculty, administrators and athletic coaches speak to regional associations all over the country and the world helping to keep Princeton alumni connected to the intellectual life of the University. Due to COVID-19, regional associations have begun holding online University speaker events.
Recent Speakers Bureaus events include:
- Malcolm Stevenson Forbes, Class of 1941 Professor of History and Public Affairs, Julian Zelizer, gave the lecture “The State of American Democracy and the Future of the Republic,” to the Princeton Club of Washington (DC), online, June 2020
- Professor of History, Kevin Kruse, spoke about his recent book “Fault Lines: A History of the United States Since 1974” to the Princeton Association of New England, online, June 2020
- Henry R. Luce Professor of Information Technology, Consciousness, and Culture of Psychology and Computer Science, Tom Griffiths, delivered the lecture “Human Behavior as the Next Frontier for AI” to the Princeton Association of Northern Ohio, online, April 2020
- Princeton University’s Executive Vice President, Treby Williams, spoke about “The Evolving Princeton Campus,” to the Princeton Club of Southwest Florida, March 2020
- Edwin Grant Conklin Professor of Biology, Professor of Molecular Biology, and Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Molecular Biology, Zemer Gitai, delivered the lecture “From Superbugs to Cancer: Basic Science Approaches to Drug Discovery,” to the Princeton Club of San Diego, March 2020
- Professor of Anthropology, Emeritus, Alan Mann, delivered the lecture “The Origins of Art,” presenting pictures of the great prehistoric art found in European caves, to the Princeton Club of France, January 2020
- Professor of History, Martha A. Sandweiss, spoke about her work on the Princeton and Slavery Project and the challenges of doing public history to the Princeton Club of Hawaii, October 2019
- Professor of Music, Steven Mackey, delivered the lecture “Whim and Rigor” while attending the Princeton Club of Northern California’s Princeton in the Sierra camp in Lake Tahoe, California, October 2019
- Football Head Coach, Bob Surace, delivered the lecture, "Princeton Football and Being a Tiger," to the Princeton Club of Saint Lewis, May 2019
- Professor of Operations Research and Financial Engineering; Director, Program in Transportation, Alain Kornhauser, delivered the lecture "One View of SmartDrivingCars" to the Princeton Club of Michigan, May, 2019
Regional association and affiliated group officers may request a speaker by submitting the Speakers Bureau Request Form. TigerNet login required
Looking for a topic idea? Check out our list of recently published Princeton Faculty and Emeritus Faculty books.
Questions about the Speaker's Bureau Program? Refer to our Speaker's Bureau FAQ.
Information for University Speakers
Faculty members, administrators and coaches are invited to help our campus reach the broader Princeton community.