Alumni are invited to support the Class of 2024 by creating a video greeting to welcome the first-years to Princeton and introduce them to the extraordinary Princeton alumni network. The videos will be incorporated into the virtual Step Sing, which is being created in collaboration with the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students and the Class of 2021. The deadline for video submissions is August 23.
What we need:
- A 5-30 second video recorded horizontally and ideally in HD quality (1080p)
Suggestions for video content:
- Welcome the Class of 2024
- Give a Locomotive
- Convey a heartfelt message
- Share your favorite tip
Can’t think of something to say? Here are some suggestions:
“Hello, Class of 2024! Welcome to the Princeton family!”
“While you may not be on campus, Princeton is where you are!”
“Tiger cheers for the Class of 2024!”
Tips for recording:
- Show your Princeton pride!
- Find a quiet area with minimal background noise.
- Avoid sitting in direct or bright light. Make sure your face is well lit by having the light in front of you rather than behind you.
- Look into the camera.
- Practice so you aren’t reading from a script.
- Don’t delay, do it now from your phone!
Videos must be submitted by Sunday, August 23.